I always find writing down my plans and goals to be more motivating than just saying them. Is this the same for you?
2019 has been a CRAZY year, but in all good senses of the word. So much has happened but I wouldn’t change a bit of it. With the start of 2020, and a new decade, quickly approaching here’s a look back at my 2019 and plans for 2020.
A look back at 2019
It started off with a week away in the lovely Mexico followed by a hectic weekend moving up the country. Bare in mind, we still didn’t actually have a house to move into by Christmas… The first few weeks of January were very stressful and the holiday was a life saver I think.
Along with moving house obviously came a new job, thankfully I was able to transfer stores with my company so it wasn’t too bad. All of this time we were also filling in the paperwork and waiting for our new build to be completed.
In June we got the keys to our first official home as a couple and ended up moving in on the 8th July. The month before this was spent trying to pluck up the courage to start driving as I would now need to drive to work. (I passed my test 3 years prior but hadn’t actually driven)
I found a car days before getting the keys which meant I could start taking boxes across to the house and face driving on the motorway. The next few months saw us getting settled into the house and unfortunately work wasn’t going so well for me. I made the big step (after over 5 years with the company) of changing careers. I posted a while back about wanting to get into accounting and so that’s exactly what I did!
That brings us to October and then the festivities began! Full on Christmas mode in my head soon pursued and that brings us up to today.
So… to recap
- Big move across the country (from Lincolnshire to Manchester)
- New Job – twice
- Started to drive
- Brand new house (and another move)
New Year Plans?
I plan to spend my New Years eve at home with lots of food watching the fireworks on BBC. Mr W’s at work till about 1 so it’ll just be me until he gets home. I’ve never been a big one for going out but would love to spend next years with some friends and family!
What are my plans for 2020?
- I joined the gym the other day so want to start regularly using it and actually start focusing on my health a bit more. Since starting an office job my exercise has dropped massively and I can feel the weight catching up with me.
- Cook 1 Pinterest meal a week. This may seem like a weird one but I really want to increase my cooking and recipe skills. Some weeks I would love to do more and hopefully by the end of the year I’ll no longer need Pinterest for the inspiration!
- Complete the first stage of my accounting ATA qualification. Work are going to pay for me to undergo the training so now that I’ve been there for 3 months I’d love to start this asap in the new year. The first stage normally takes between 10-12 months so I’d love to get this ticked off and moving forward. (Long term goal is to be able to go part time or even self-employed and still earn what I’m earning now if not more)
- Use up all (well most) of the bath products that I have stashed in the bathroom. I’ve got so many samples and small pots its unbelievable but I’m determined to get this stash down. The same also goes for my makeup, there’s no end of brand new and unused products I’ve got hiding away in drawers!
- I’d love to be able to get my freebie instagram to over 2000 followers (on 1,750 atm) but I keep loosing my way with this one a bit so I need to get back on it!
- The garden is going to be one of my priorities for this year I think. I can’t wait to sit outside with a good book and a glass of bubbly in the summer. We’re also toying with the idea of getting some decking or at least a little border put in but I’ll keep you posted.
- It’s not directly a house goal as such but I’d love to grow my house instagram account. I’ve currently got just over 600 followers but would love to get this over 1000 or 1500 if I really push it!
- I’m going to set myself a challenge of buying no new clothes for a whole year. Underwear is the exception of course! There’s way too many clothes in wardrobes, drawers and under bed boxes and it’s about time to have a big clear out. Turning all the hangers the wrong way will show me what hasn’t been worn. Anything I’ve not worn by this time next year will either be getting sold or donated to charity.
- I’d love to try and make a bit more money on eBay. There’s still loads of unused bits and pieces in the house that could be turned into money. Don’t think I want to turn this into a business just yet though as there’s so much more you’ve got to do. Just selling my old junk and non fitting clothes makes enough for me!
That’s a wrap!
That seems like a lot of goals for me but they should be fairly realistic for 12 months! Hopefully I’ll smash them all so maybe I’ll have to add in some extra ones to… There will also be smaller goals that I set myself for individual months which I’ll also share with you.
For now though I’m about to jump in the car to see the Grandparents and celebrate Christmas part 3!
I’d love to know what your plans are for 2020! Drop your link in the comments below and I’ll be sure to give you a read.
I hope your 2019 has been wonderful and you have a very very good 2020!!!